This recipe is perfect for the hot summer we are having in NC this year. It doesn’t require any cooking and makes use of the delicious cantaloupes that are very cheap at the farmer’s market this time of year! I use Trader Joe’s to buy my mozzarella and prosciutto because they have it at a very reasonable price. My husband and I like to just sit with the bowl between us and eat it right out of the bowl for dinner with a glass of white wine!
This recipe is from Martha Stewart’s Everyday Cooking Magazine – I mix it up a bit by just putting it all in a bowl and mixing it together.
- 1 cantaloupe – chopped into bite size pieces.
- 3/4 pound bocconcini (bite-size fresh mozzarella balls)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/3 pound prosciutto – chopped into large pieces that can be eaten in one bite.
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
Mix all together in a bowl – and enjoy!